Looking for ways to save money? Why not ditch the car for a day and give public transit a try? Thursday, June 21st is national Dump the Pump Day. To celebrate, Omnitrans is offering a coupon redeemable for unlimited free bus rides that day on all their local fixed routes. Visit our website to download your free ride coupon!
Imagine what you could do with an extra $9,436 a year.
- A two-person household can save, on average, more than $10,000 a year by downsizing to one car.
- A 31-Day Bus Pass is $47. Unlimited bus rides for one year is only $564!
By saving an extra $60 a week, you could go for dinner and a movie.
- The average American spends approximately $75 on a tank of gas each week.
- With a 7-Day Bus Pass you receive unlimited bus rides for one week for only $15!
Taking the bus keeps you fiscally AND physically fit.
- A recent study by the Center For Disease Control found that people who take the bus on a daily basis log 25 minutes of exercise each day by walking to and from the bus stop.
- If you walked at a brisk pace, you’d burn over 100 calories.
- Doing this four times a week could result in a 6 pound weight loss each year – without changing your diet one iota!
Lose the stress and join the ranks of relaxed commuters.
- Just think how great you’d feel not having to fight traffic, deal with aggressive or unpredictable drivers, or worry about parking.
- You can relax, read, listen to tunes on your iPod, or leisurely catch up with emails or paperwork.